Thursday, December 8, 2011

Should I get my Masters in Education, or go into nursing?

Okay so I am a sophomore at a 4 year college. I am considering switching to community college, getting my ADN, then working and getting my BSN and potentially my masters. Should I do this, or finish my BA and then get a Masters in Education? I feel as if I would be getting myself into too much debt if I get my Masters in Education and would save more money by getting my ADN, then working and studying part time.|||Well, nursing is definitely more in demand right now. Teachers are getting cut right and left due to budget cuts. Nursing on the other hand is only growing and you're pretty much guaranteed to find a job.|||I say don't worry about the debt and go for what you see yourself doing in ten years. . . Caring for sick people and handling patients and possibly death or going to teach kids in the classroom with summers off? Tuition loans are a great investment and the interest is low. I say if you want to go into education, get your masters. Unless you are meant to go into nursing and care for people in need. . . There is always a nursing shortage. Being a nurse is a very demanding job and takes a special person. . . . I know I couldn't do it but I commend those that can.

No comments:

Post a Comment