Monday, December 12, 2011

Is it bad to save for your kid's college education?

There are many people that strongly believe that children should make full loans and pay for their own college.





Yet, I see parents saving in 529 plans and putting money away in ROTHs to send their kids to college. These parents plan to pay for their kids college in full.





Which is right and which is wrong?


If a parent worked hard to save the money is it ok for that parent to pay in full for their college? The child can get a part-time job to pay for his own misc expenses|||my opinion


if you are struggling to put food on your table so you can save to send your kid to college.


but if you have plenty of money were you can do so. but keep in mind that when you retire your children are not going to be taking care of you so i would rather save for a retirement.


there are plenty of other ways to put your child through college like encouraging him/her to do better that best for scholarships. encourage them to take ap courses that in high school that actually work as credits in college saves you a lot of money.|||I see nothing wrong with paying for your child's education if you can afford it. This will help set them along the right path without a bunch of lingering bills so their future can be successful. If the parents cant help pay for their child's education then the child will need to figure it out but the parent shouldn't be blamed for their misfortune. I'm currently in college and I know many people who's parents pay for their college but they have many strict guidelines to follow (have to keep up their grades, live exactly where the parents tell them to, visit home every so often, have a part-time job, etc....) and if they don't follow these guidelines their parents stop paying for it because they don't want to waste their money if their child is gonna fail anyways. Of course I also know many who's parents are paying and don't care what they do and then many other students who rely on grants, loans, jobs to pay their way through.|||i think its necessary that parents save up for their kids college it doesn't seem like a big deal but its very important and you get to realize that when college applications start coming in, when your kid is done with high school. college just keeps getting more expensive by the day. the most the children can do is save up for their own personal money/pocket money,to reduce the financial stress.|||I'm a college student and my parents are helping me with my education . They don't want me to work just yet so I can concentrate but by second year I must to have experience. It is stupid to do loans if your parents can help . I find it not stupid at all but very helpful and smart|||its not bad

No comments:

Post a Comment